- 5.75" length x 4" width x 1.25" height
Founded on many of the same principles that make Firecracker tick -- consuming fewer things of greater quality made in the United States, for starters -- San Francisco-based vanIvey is a boutique ceramic workshop specializing in heirloom vessels and tabletop wares.
After years of teaching art and ceramics to high school students, fine artist Kristen van Diggelen launched her line in 2013 in order to share with others her deep respect for craftsmanship, cooking locally grown foods, and sustainability.
The rustic, earthy quality of clay and uneven surface of the glaze juxtaposed with refined lines and ornate details is a hallmark of her timeless, infinitely elegant designs.
"Creativity is an impulse in me that I can never put to sleep. It’s inspired by everything around me, especially nature: plants, the play of light, the weathering of time. I often feel like I don’t have a choice… I’ve never not been able to keep my hands from making."
van Diggelen has a Master of Fine Arts in Painting from the San Francisco Art Institute, and has exhibited her work all across the United States.
- Dimensions: 5.75" long x 4" wide x 1.25" high
- Made from durable stoneware clay bodies. All pieces are chip-resistant, lead-free, and completely dinnerware and dishwasher safe.
- The designs, pinholes, irregularities of shape and variations in glaze application are the characteristics that define vanIvey ceramics as handmade works of art. No two vessels are alike, i.e. sizes, shape, and glaze application may vary slightly from item to item.
- Made entirely by hand from start to finish in beautiful North Carolina USA.
Within 14 DAYS of delivery, in perfect original condition. Shipping costs cannot be refunded.
Please note the following conditions:
- The item is unused, undamaged, and returned in original packaging. Refunds or exchanges will be made for the full value of your pottery only. Customer is responsible for both original & return shipping cost.
- Please retain all packaging that arrives with your order so that it can be used in repacking the pottery. If the packaging has settled or if you are not returning your entire order, please compensate by adding additional padding (eco-friendly paper, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, etc.) between and around the pieces to be returned. There should be significant padding between pieces of pottery and between the pottery and the interior sides of the boxes. The pottery should not shift around in the box once it’s closed.
- In the very unusual circumstance that an item arrives to you damaged, please take a photograph of the damage immediately and submit to Firecracker within 48 hours of delivery. Once your return is approved, you will receive an email with further instructions.
- Firecracker is not responsible for any damage that occurs during return shipment. We highly recommend you use a carrier such as UPS or FedEx.
Please see Exchanges/Returns for more information.
Thank you for shopping Firecracker. We appreciate your visit.
- Learn more about owner/designer Kristen van Diggelen, and how her famous old haunts in San Francisco inspire her work...
YOU MAY ALSO LOVE...
Show Mom your appreciation with this thoughtful, lovely "Greatest Mom Certificate". Features elegant die cut edges, with plenty of room on the back to add a loving note. Anytime of the year, it's the perfect gesture to go along with the perfect gift. (Psst! Shipping to a faraway Mom? We'll handwrite your gift message for...
Hand-poured in Los Angeles, experience the soulful, laid-back vibe of surfers and the sea with this heavenly surf-wax inspired scented candle. It will transform any room into a fragrant, serene haven of relaxation in no time. Made from 100% coconut wax, providing a naturally clean, crisp average burn time of 70+ hours. Packaged...
A Coffee Table Book By Nina Freudenberger and Heather Summerville Photographed by Brittany Ambridge "When I moved from New York City to Venice, California, in 2012 I never expected the getting-to-work part of my day to look quite so different. All of a sudden everything I ever pictured a morning commute to be was turned...