Clean, classic... and topped off with a contemporary jolt from its multi-colored braided thread knot, this perfectly realized porcelain jar has a glossy white glaze and subtle ridged texture. It stands approximately 4.5” high x 3.75” in diameter.
Working out of his San Francisco studio, handcrafting each heirloom-quality piece individually with locally sourced porcelain, stoneware, or black mountain clay, Parsons trained Len Carella creates one-of-a-kind, organic ceramics infused with a vibrant personality and visual allure all their own.
Specializing in decorative accessories, tableware and sculpture, boldly employing elements from his previous calling as an accomplished footwear designer (the ingenious use of leather, thread & suede in knotted handles, for example), Len's clean, classic, yet always forward thinking approach elevates the form of any room.
"Imagining something in my head and going to the studio to make it three dimensionally with clay is what I love. I appreciate contemporary design in luxurious materials that I can live with forever, and try to do this in my work as well."
Whether by itself, or as an accent piece to help augment a focal point, this minimalist and elegant heirloom-quality work of art is sure to add some serious beauty anywhere it goes. (Including into a gift box!)
- Textured black mountain stoneware jar with a matte cream glaze
- Dimensions: approx. 4.5" high x 3.75" diameter
- High fire, cone 10 reduction
- Made by hand in San Francisco, California
Within 14 DAYS of delivery.
Your Len Carella Ceramics purchase may be returned within 14 days for a full refund under the following conditions:
- Firecracker is contacted within 14 days of delivery to request return processing. We will send instructions for your return.
- The item is unused, undamaged, and returned in original packaging. Customer is responsible for return shipping cost.
- Please retain all packaging that arrives with your order so that it can be used in repacking the piece.
- If the packaging has settled or if you are not returning your entire order, please compensate by adding additional padding (eco-friendly paper, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, etc.) between and around the pieces to be returned.
- There should be significant padding between pieces of ceramics and between ceramics and the interior sides of the box. Pieces should not shift once the box is sealed.
- Firecracker is not responsible for any damage that occurs during return shipment. We highly suggest using a carrier (UPS, FedEx, etc.) with insurance.
- In the very unusual circumstance that an order arrives damaged, please photograph the item(s) & packaging immediately and submit to Firecracker within 48 hours of delivery.
- After processing, you will receive repacking info and a mailing label. Upon arrival of the return shipment to our warehouse, we will happily expedite a new replacement order.
- Thank you for shopping Firecracker!
Learn more about San Francisco-based Len Carella & his thoughtful, forward thinking design philosophy...
YOU MAY ALSO LOVE...
Meticulously crafted by hand in her Southern California studio, Margaret Solow’s minimalist aesthetic is a perfect match for the elemental beauty of these lovely colored gemstone bracelets. Beautiful solo, duo or trio. Margaret’s deep commitment to responsible manufacturing practices includes using only sustainable & conflict-free raw materials to create her one of a kind line of...
Striking grey agate gemstone with coiled leather accent on a 32" cord highlights jewelry designer Ann Lightfoot's post-modern, feminine focus on elemental beauty and delicate natural elements. Exhibited at galleries and museums all over the world, her distinctive aesthetic transforms daily accessories into unique pieces of wearable art. "My designs are driven by the materials...
Derived from the Persian word 'Lazur' -- meaning, not surprisingly, "blue stone" -- this utterly unique, specially chosen slice of raw Lapis is the richly deserved focal point of this exciting piece. Bursting with flecks of metallic inclusions that add striking contrast to its rich blue aura, the stone is matched with an extra-long 30"...