Laird Weekender Bag
- Made by hand in Washington, DC
- Ships in 1-2 Business Days
- View Details & Specs
Up for some Fall Fun?
Buy One New Margaret Solow Jewelry + Get any Second Item in your Cart 15% Off
Discount automatically applied at Checkout.
(*Gift Cards not applicable.)
A good book, light sweater, and the perfect tote. What else do you really need for a relaxing socially-distanced weekend away? (And with a hefty 30 lb. load breaking point, this bag will not only handle the aforementioned book and sweater with aplomb, but whatever else you grab too.)
Designed, cut, sewn and finished by hand in the nation's capital, the Laird features classic color blocking with hand stitched black handles and wax-coated linen thread. Finished with a brass tone zipper and solid brass strap hardware, a removable shoulder strap allows you to tote this beauty in a variety of stylish ways.
Made from super soft natural leather, subtle variations in color and markings vary from piece to piece depending on the hide from which it was produced. These organic variations ensure that each stylish, delightfully practical Lairdsports its own unique character.
- Soft black & cream leather
- Size: 23" x 14" x 7" deep
- Brass tone zipper; solid brass hardware w/removable strap
- Wax-coated linen thread; unlined
- 30 lb. load bearing capacity
- Each handcrafted piece is 100% unique, using only natural cow leather hides. Subtle organic variations may be visible and vary from piece to piece
- Designed, cut, sewn & finished by hand in Washington, DC
- Made in USA
Shipping + Returns
This item is processed and shipped in 1-2 Business Days.
- If applicable: shipping fees, discount codes + sales tax (Calif. only) are calculated at checkout.
- Firecracker partners with the United States Postal Service (USPS), UPS, and FedEx to ship our orders.
- When your package is on its way, we'll send you a shipping confirmation email w/exact Carrier Information and Tracking #.
- For complete details, please see Shipping + Delivery. For global orders, check out our International FAQs.
Gladly accepted for full refund or exchange within 15 Days of Delivery.
- All returned merchandise must be in new + unused condition.
- Refunds will be made in the form of your original payment. Gift recipients may return items for store credit or exchange.
- Excluding damage claims or returns as a result of our error, shipping fees are not included.
- Sale, Custom + Personal Care Items are "Final Sale". No returns or exchanges.
- For complete details, please review our hassle-free Return Policy.
We stand behind the quality of the goods we sell. Full stop.
That's our commitment to you, because we want you to love what you ordered. But in case you're not thoroughly delighted with your purchase, we promise to make things right as quickly as possible.
Questions? Need assistance? We're always there for you, so contact our friendly Help Desk anytime.
Made by hand in
Carolyn Misterek began exploring leatherwork after studying oil painting in art school and later completing her Master's Degree in Art History. She launched Matine in 2012, and quickly cultivated a following for her quiet, yet evocative design-driven point of view.
Based on the French word "matin" -- “in the morning” -- and the idea of "clean slates and clear potential that morning conjures up", her sharp collection of minimalist shoulder bags and natural leather clutches are overtly architectural in nature. Yet a distinctly human component, one that comes from making every single piece by hand, is never a simple afterthought.
As she said in Washingtonian Magazine: "That’s not the kind of minimalism that I’m going for. I think of it as minimalism in the context of real life. When you see the people carrying these bags you know they have busy, messy lives -- but maybe they are carrying just a little piece of calm, a little piece of simplicity.”
Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity... but always with a twist to keep it interesting. There's kind of an electricity you can really feel when you finally get the design right.
Designer Carolyn Misterek