Hand-thrown and hand-glazed in Los Angeles by Irving Place Studio, this gorgeous jar is ideal for sugar and jam, and is available with or without a spoon hole.
Originally founded in 1968 by artists Dora De Larios and Ellice Johnston, handmade work and the feeling that comes with it has always been the driving force behind IPS's unique sensibility.
Today, in collaboration with daughter Sabrina Judge and son-in-law Aaron Glascock, Dora’s endless knowledge of clay and glazes combined with the latter's contemporary design aesthetic brings you elegant, modern ceramics of the highest quality for everyday use.
"Our pottery is made using traditional methods - hands - and time-tested materials - earth & water."Founder Dora De Larios
Within 14 DAYS of delivery, in original new condition. Shipping costs cannot be refunded. Please see Exchanges/Returns for more information.
- Please retain all packaging that arrives with your order to use in repacking the pottery. If the packaging has settled, please compensate by adding additional padding (eco-friendly paper, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, etc.).
- There should be significant padding between pieces of pottery and between the pottery and the interior sides of the boxes. The pottery should not shift around in the box once it’s closed.
- Firecracker is not responsible for any damage that occurs during return shipment. We highly recommend you use a carrier such as UPS or FedEx.
- In the very unusual circumstance that an item arrives to you damaged, please photograph the damage immediately and submit to Firecracker within 48 hours of delivery.
- Irving Place Studio ceramics are hand crafted and as such, will show the irregularities and unique character that ordinarily result from such work. Each piece is carefully inspected multiple times for unacceptable flaws, but normal variations in size, finish, color or texture are not considered defects.
- Both Firecracker and Irving Place Studio pride ourselves on providing superior quality goods. Your 100% satisfaction is our paramount goal, so feel free to contact our friendly Help Desk with any questions.
Thank you for shopping Firecracker. We appreciate your visit.
- Read more about Dora & Irving Place Studio in The Journal...
YOU MAY ALSO LOVE...
Minimalist, visually striking lariat with 18k gold links and 17” oxidized sterling silver chain. Finished with a 6” oxidized sterling silver tail and 18k gold hoop tip. New York-schooled, Chicago-based jewelry designer and metalsmith Sarah McGuire finds inspiration in organic forms, manmade curiosities, and classic modernist design. From her timber-loft studio, the...
Out of Stock
An homage to the Japanese philosophy of wabi-sabi -- a reflection of nature's unadorned beauty and acceptance of its transience and imperfection -- this one of a kind necklace is forged by dropping pure molten liquid sterling silver into water. The resulting asymmetrical shape is utterly unique and can never be replicated....
Out of Stock
An homage to the Japanese philosophy of wabi-sabi -- a reflection of nature's unadorned beauty and acceptance of its transience and imperfection -- this one of a kind bracelet is forged by dropping pure molten liquid sterling silver into water. The resulting asymmetrical shape is utterly unique and can never be replicated. Paired...